Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"I've had enough, Lord"!

“I’ve had enough, Lord” he said.

1 Kings 19: 4b

Being honest, those same words have flown out of my mouth many times. When the answer seem to linger longer than I thought or still waiting on something promised long ago. The pressures of life, love and faith even in the days of Elijah (you just started singing the song didn’t you) become overwhelming but what’s on the inside makes the difference. Someone gave me a great illustration about pressure, if you take a can, place it in the fire then remove it and place a lid on it. In a few seconds, you will begin to hear the can crush under the pressure because the lack on the inside. What do you have on the inside? We have something on the inside of us that is strong enough for every situation, circumstance or pressure but you have to keep yourself full. Believe me, the enemy will kick you when you down just to keep you there but get up and fill up in His presence where there is fullness of everything.

No matter what you’re facing know that Greater is He that is with in me than He that is in the world. Takes on a whole new meaning doesn’t it???



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking the make current post, It was good keep them comming.

    ReplyDelete